Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Milan Tomic <mi...@setcce.org> on 2005/03/29 10:13:39 UTC

RE: C++ lib support for SHA-256, etc.?

Berin,

SHA-256, 384 & 512 are supported in Win2003 Server CryptoAPI. We should
support it in XSEC also. :)

Best regards,
Milan

Posted by Milan Tomic <mi...@setcce.org>.
Hi,

I have found out from one Microsoft employee that Win2003 Server
CryptoAPI supports SHA2 (256, 384 & 512) for RSA Enhanced and AES
providers. There is no documentation on MSDN about this, yet. If I find
something I will post it here. There is documentation about SHA2 support
in CAPICOM:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/seccryp
to/security/hasheddata_algorithm.asp

and CAPICOM is COM interface to the CryptoAPI. I have installed latest
PlatformSDK (Feb 2003, I think) and constants for SHA2 are provided next
to SHA1 in WinCrypt.h.

Best regards,
Milan

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>.