Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by DImuthu Upeksha <di...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/14 00:37:42 UTC

Airavata User management

Hi all,

I have few points to get clarified about user management in Airavata server

1. When I start the server there is an error log

[ERROR] The Credential Store Server did not start!!!

Where is this credential store? How should I configure it? What is the
usage of this credential store?
2. When I go through Airavata.Client API and client samples I could not see
that there is a authentication mechanism for users who access it (Please
correct me if there is a way). If so what is the use of a Credentials Store?

3. How does the user authorisation is done in Airavata?

Thanks
Dimuthu

--
Regards

W.Dimuthu Upeksha
Undergraduate

University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka

Re: Airavata User management

Posted by Hasini Gunasinghe <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dimuthu,

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 6:22 AM, DImuthu Upeksha <dimuthu.upeksha2@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi Hasini,
>
> Thank you for the quick response. Because I'm working on porting GridChem
> client to use Airavata APIs, user authentication is also a part for me to
> figure out. I went through you proposal for ticket [1] and believe that I
> can refer to you design because authentication part at Airavata API may
> depend on your solution. If I understood your proposal correctly, from
> Airavata API side you introduce another parameter for each existing method
> to accept OAuth Access Token and forward it to Security Manager. Am I
> correct?

Yes, you are correct.

Thanks,
Hasini.