Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by R N <re...@hotmail.com> on 2000/02/15 21:25:10 UTC

Need Help resolving "Error 500: Internal Servlet Error:ClassdefnotFound"

Hi,

i'm reposting this question, since I'm pretty much out of ideas here.

I'm getting the following error while trying to run my servlet:

----------------
Error: 500
Internal Servlet Error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
-----------------

Is there any way to figure out what class was not found? is there a log
file, or a way to define a log file, to capture this error?

thanks,
rishi

Re: Need Help resolving "Error 500: Internal Servlet Error:ClassdefnotFound"

Posted by Sonny Pickett <so...@zeros-ones.com>.
This is almost always a classpath issue.  Check the classes your servlet is
working with and make sure they can be found.  Also, make sure JAVA_HOME is
set if you are using jdk 1.2.2, or java class files are in the path if you
are using jdk1.x.