Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ken in Nashua <kc...@live.com> on 2013/03/19 12:37:34 UTC

Folks,

I am having difficulty with this widget.

It renders populated with items on the left side.

Upon clicking any items on left side... the border around the left side turns red (implying some security issue or items disabled or readonly)... I am guessing.

If I select any items on left side the ADD button up top never enables and is always greyed out.

The items I am rendering within this palette are enumerations... as follows:

public class Person
{
    public static enum Role
    {
        anonymous(1), administrator(2);
    }

    private Set<Role> roles = new HashSet<Role>();

    @CollectionOfElements(targetElement = Role.class)
    public Set<Role> getRoles()
    {
        return roles;
    }

    public void setRoles(Set<Role> roles)
    {
        this.roles = roles;
    }
}

Is there anything in the above class that would cause the palette to behave this way ?

I am using tapestry-security... but not sure if security would cause this widget to act this way.

Thanks for any tips

Ken

RE: Posted by Ken in Nashua <kc...@live.com>.
Solved... patch submitted

see

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/TYNAMO-203

Re: Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
Try without tapestry-security first (at least without any permission
checking around Palette), so you know whether the problem is caused by it
or some problem in Palette itself. In addition, Palette relies on
JavaScript, so any other JavaScript errors may cause Palette to not work.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo