Posted to general@portals.apache.org by Raphaël Luta <ra...@apache.org> on 2006/07/02 17:20:44 UTC

Looking for help mentoring Graffito.

I'm currently the only mentor for the Graffito project that has
been under incubation for nearly 2 years now.

Graffito is a CMS system now built on top of Jackrabbit and providing
a portlet based user interface. As such it is mostly suited to integrate
with portal containers like Jetspeed but some of the services provided
(like JCR mapping) can be useful outside of portal context.

While we've managed to slowly build a community around the initial
2 men codebase, we're still very far from having a sustainable
independant community around Graffito.

Due to my numerous other activities, I feel I cannot provide alone
the adequate mentoring required by this project and I am looking for
additionnal mentors to help grow the Graffito community and graduate it.

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org
http://portals.apache.org/

Re: Looking for help mentoring Graffito.

Posted by Raphaël Luta <ra...@apache.org>.
David Sean Taylor wrote:
> Raphaël Luta wrote:
>> Due to my numerous other activities, I feel I cannot provide alone
>> the adequate mentoring required by this project and I am looking for
>> additionnal mentors to help grow the Graffito community and graduate it.
>>

> I can volunteer to mentor the project if that is allowed (i am also a
> committer)

Sure, as a member you just have to request addition to the Incubator
PMC on general@incubator stating that you'll act as mentor for Graffito.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 7/2/06, Raphaël Luta <ra...@apache.org> wrote:
> Due to my numerous other activities, I feel I cannot provide alone
> the adequate mentoring required by this project and I am looking for
> additionnal mentors to help grow the Graffito community and graduate it.

I can't promise too many spare cycles, but I'd love to help building
some bridges between the Graffito and Jackrabbit projects. I suppose I
could take care of some mentor duties as well.

BR,

Jukka Zitting