Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Patrick <fe...@yahoo.com> on 2004/04/12 18:04:32 UTC

Cannot find Struts Studio model element

Has anyone encountered this error when trying to create a new
Properties file in Strust Studio?

I think this is my problem because everything with my client side
validation works fine except my error messages are not being passed
to the javascript.  Here is the javascript being created to show you
what is not being passed.

<!-- Begin

     var bCancel = false;

    function validateEquipmentBean(form)
{
        if (bCancel)
      return true;
        else
       return validateRequired(form);
   }

    function required () {
     this.aa = new Array("priorityNumber", "", new Function
("varName", " return this[varName];"));
     this.ab = new Array("reportingCategory", "", new Function
("varName", " return this[varName];"));
    }

As you can see, right after the element name is null where a message
should be.  All of my validation is set up properly (I've been over
it about 100 times).  The problem is I had to just create a
new "File" and name it with a .properties extension.  I don't know if
this is a problem or what.  If anyone could offer some insite on this
and maybe tell me what's going on I would appreciate it.