Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Wolfinger Uwe <uw...@oegk.at> on 2022/08/19 07:25:25 UTC

MCF Solr Plugin for Solr 9.x

I am just upgrading our Solr/ManifoldCF system. During the upgrade process i tried to raise Solr to version 9.0.0. Unfortunately this results in the following error, caused by the ManifoldCF Solr Plugin (apache-manifoldcf-solr-8.x-plugin-2.2.jar):

Caused by: java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: class org.apache.solr.mcf.ManifoldCFSearchComponent$CloseHandler has interface org.apache.solr.core.CloseHook as super class
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) ~[?:?]
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:1017) ~[?:?]
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:174) ~[?:?]
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:550) ~[?:?]
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:458) ~[?:?]
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:452) ~[?:?]
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:?]
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:451) ~[?:?]
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:589) ~[?:?]
        at java.net.FactoryURLClassLoader.loadClass(URLClassLoader.java:899) ~[?:?]
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:522) ~[?:?]
        at org.apache.solr.mcf.ManifoldCFSearchComponent.inform(ManifoldCFSearchComponent.java:345) ~[?:?]
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader.inform(SolrResourceLoader.java:722) ~[solr-core-9.0.0.jar:9.0.0 a4eb7aa123dc53f8dac74d80b66a490f2d6b4a26 - janhoy - 2022-05-05 01:00:08]
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.<init>(SolrCore.java:1155) ~[solr-core-9.0.0.jar:9.0.0 a4eb7aa123dc53f8dac74d80b66a490f2d6b4a26 - janhoy - 2022-05-05 01:00:08]
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.<init>(SolrCore.java:1048) ~[solr-core-9.0.0.jar:9.0.0 a4eb7aa123dc53f8dac74d80b66a490f2d6b4a26 - janhoy - 2022-05-05 01:00:08]
        at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.createFromDescriptor(CoreContainer.java:1560) ~[solr-core-9.0.0.jar:9.0.0 a4eb7aa123dc53f8dac74d80b66a490f2d6b4a26 - janhoy - 2022-05-05 01:00:08]
        at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.lambda$load$10(CoreContainer.java:950) ~[solr-core-9.0.0.jar:9.0.0 a4eb7aa123dc53f8dac74d80b66a490f2d6b4a26 - janhoy - 2022-05-05 01:00:08]
        at com.codahale.metrics.InstrumentedExecutorService$InstrumentedCallable.call(InstrumentedExecutorService.java:202) ~[metrics-core-4.1.5.jar:4.1.5]
        ... 5 more

At the moment, ManifoldCF Solr plugins are available up to Solr version 8

Is there a plan, to create a solr-9x plugin version in order to support solr versions >=9 ?

Kind regards,
Uwe

AW: MCF Solr Plugin for Solr 9.x

Posted by Wolfinger Uwe <uw...@oegk.at>.
Thank you for the SVN Setup.

I will have a look at it and let you know if i am able to do the upgrade.

Kind regares,

Uwe

________________________________
Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Committed, and the unit tests pass.  Thank you!

I will create a release artifact this weekend and schedule a vote for
release.  In the meantime, if it works for you, feel free to give it a try
and report any difficulties.

Karl

Posted by Wolfinger Uwe <uw...@oegk.at>.
Done