Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by James Derieg <ja...@uplynk.com> on 2014/10/29 20:05:48 UTC

Upgrade to 2.1.1 causes error

Have a cassandra cluster that has been running under 2.1.0 fine. Rebuilt
the cluster using the same settings on 2.1.1 and get this error, even
with only one node present:

"Non-system keyspaces don't have the same replication settings,
effective ownership information is meaningless"

I only have one non-system keyspace.  To be sure, I even set system_auth
and system_traces to use the same replication factor as my main
keyspace, but the error still persists.  Tried again with a 2.1.0 node
and upgraded it to 2.1.1 and the cluster errors out again.  Any ideas or
hints?  Here is what my keyspaces are set to for RF:

CREATE KEYSPACE system_auth WITH replication = {'class':
'NetworkTopologyStrategy', 'us-east': '3'}  AND durable_writes = true;

CREATE KEYSPACE testspace WITH replication = {'class':
'NetworkTopologyStrategy', 'us-east': '3'}  AND durable_writes = true;

CREATE KEYSPACE system_traces WITH replication = {'class':
'NetworkTopologyStrategy', 'us-east': '3'}  AND durable_writes = true;

CREATE KEYSPACE system WITH replication = {'class': 'LocalStrategy'}
AND durable_writes = true;

---

Re: Upgrade to 2.1.1 causes error

Posted by James Derieg <ja...@uplynk.com>.
Ah, thanks Michael!  Good to know that's not an error.

On 10/29/2014 1:25 PM, Michael Shuler wrote:
> On 10/29/2014 02:05 PM, James Derieg wrote:
>> Have a cassandra cluster that has been running under 2.1.0 fine. Rebuilt
>> the cluster using the same settings on 2.1.1 and get this error, even
>> with only one node present:
>>
>> "Non-system keyspaces don't have the same replication settings,
>> effective ownership information is meaningless"
>
> That's not an error. It is an informative message when using 'nodetool
> status' without specifying a keyspace.

---

Re: Upgrade to 2.1.1 causes error

Posted by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org>.
On 10/29/2014 02:05 PM, James Derieg wrote:
> Have a cassandra cluster that has been running under 2.1.0 fine. Rebuilt
> the cluster using the same settings on 2.1.1 and get this error, even
> with only one node present:
>
> "Non-system keyspaces don't have the same replication settings,
> effective ownership information is meaningless"

That's not an error. It is an informative message when using 'nodetool
status' without specifying a keyspace.

Michael