Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com> on 2016/12/21 09:06:44 UTC

Why our functional interfaces are serializable?

Folks,

We have more than 1500 classes (mostly anonymous) implementing functional
interfaces. Most common are *IgnitePredicate*, *IgniteClosure*, etc..

Question: why these interfaces are Serializable? A lot of classes which
implement these interfaces are never meant to be serialized.

I propose to remove Serializable from all functional interfaces.

Vladimir.

Re: Why our functional interfaces are serializable?

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
I would agree only for internal Ignite classes. If we touch public classes,
we risk breaking backward compatibility.

Posted by Sergi Vladykin <se...@gmail.com>.