Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Bill Moseley <mo...@hank.org> on 2005/10/07 16:52:29 UTC

Spam increase after "upgrade" to 3.03 on Debian Stable

I'm stabbing in the dark a bit here, sorry.

I had a server running Debian Woody which was running, IIRC[1], 2.6x.
After upgrading to Sarge now running 3.0.3-2 and exim 4.50-8 the users
are complaining of a lot more spam getting through.  I'm now seeing it
also -- looking at a few of my spam mailboxes on that machine I can
see a change on the day I did the update to Sarge.

I thought I saw a post here about this a few weeks (months?) back but
I'm not having luck finding it in my pre-coffee haze looking though
the last 2000 or so messages.  That's why I'm posting, as I'm thinking
I saw a discussion about this.

I've also looked over my old backed-up configs compared to the current
ones and I'm not seeing any major differences.

Can anyone recommend where I should look for changes that might have
resulted in a change in the scoring?

BTW -- I'm also using RulesDuJour[2].

Thanks,

[1] I say IIRC because I have some commented out notes in my old
sources.list for:

    # Mon May  2 23:35:36 PDT 2005
    deb http://www.backports.org/debian/ woody exim4

    # Spamassassin backport
    # from maintainer
    #deb http://people.debian.org/~duncf/debian woody main

    #another source
    # deb http://people.debian.org/~aurel32/BACKPORTS woody main

[2]

TRUSTED_RULESETS="TRIPWIRE ANTIDRUG EVILNUMBERS BOGUSVIRUS SARE_ADULT \
                  SARE_FRAUD SARE_BML SARE_RATWARE SARE_SPOOF SARE_BAYES_POISON_NXM \
                  SARE_OEM SARE_RANDOM SARE_HEADER_ABUSE SARE_CODING_HTML";

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org