Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> on 2018/11/09 12:44:45 UTC

[feature model] Thoughts about all-in-one jar packaging?

Hi,

For certain scenarios there would be a need to package a feature-based
application into a single jar file. I'm thinking mostly about desktop
applications, but if we move the Sling Starter to the feature model a
single jar deliverable would also be nice.

It's probably not too much work to:

- populate the launcher cache
- copy the processed feature files
- wrap them in a jar file
- include the original feature-launcher jar
- add a main class to perform the unpacking and launching

But it would get pretty boring to do so each time :-)

Are there any plans to add such a functionality to the feature launcher
tooling?

Thanks,

Robert

Re: [feature model] Thoughts about all-in-one jar packaging?

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Ah, so I basically ruined the chances of someone else beating me to it
:-)

It's not too high on my priority list, but it's good to know there's
interest for it and if I get the time I might start working on it.

Thanks,

Robert

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
+1