Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mindaugas Idzelis <ma...@ritvax.isc.rit.edu> on 2001/03/16 01:24:52 UTC

ActionForm for multiple page forms (wizard style)

I'm doing a multi-page form (like the user's guide suggests)

When the the action servlet populates the form bean, it calls reset before
it calls all the getter/setter properties. Thus, I'm losing all the data
from the previous page. Is the only way around this using <html:hidden> to
put all the data from the first page on the second page form? This seems to
be very inefficient. Thanks!

Also, in struts-config the action mapping attribute "input" specifies what
page to go to when there is a validation problem. What if the validation
problem happened on a 2nd page in this multipage form. Will it go to the
correct (second) form page?