Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de> on 2013/07/25 19:02:09 UTC

Get a reference to another config element inside a config element

Hi,

I try to get a config element inside another config element like I can
get a config element inside a Sampler.

I the sampler I can use the marker interface ConfigMergabilityIndicator
and implement the methods applies(config) and addTestElement(element).
But that interface seems to be unused in case of a config element and
the methods will not be called.

In my use case I will have a KerberosManager (ConfigTestElement,
TestBean, ...) and I would like to use it inside AuthManager
(ConfigTestElement).

At the moment I can define a KerberosManager and get it injected into
HTTPSamplerBase (AbstractSampler).

Can this possibly work?

Regards
  Felix

Re: Get a reference to another config element inside a config element

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 25 July 2013 18:02, Felix Schumacher
<fe...@internetallee.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to get a config element inside another config element like I can get a
> config element inside a Sampler.

That is not supported by JMeter.

> I the sampler I can use the marker interface ConfigMergabilityIndicator and
> implement the methods applies(config) and addTestElement(element). But that
> interface seems to be unused in case of a config element and the methods
> will not be called.
>
> In my use case I will have a KerberosManager (ConfigTestElement, TestBean,
> ...) and I would like to use it inside AuthManager (ConfigTestElement).
>
> At the moment I can define a KerberosManager and get it injected into
> HTTPSamplerBase (AbstractSampler).
>
> Can this possibly work?

Sorry, no.