Posted to apachecon-discuss@apache.org by "Rony G. Flatscher" <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at> on 2012/10/01 16:42:03 UTC

Two open slots at the end of Thursday ?

Hi there,

just wondering, whether the two open slots on Thursday (http://www.apachecon.eu/schedule/, Press
Room, slots 1:30PM and 2:30PM)  will get filled?
(Otherwise fearing a little bit, that people who look at the program think that AOO is not really
hot, as two slots remain unfilled.)

TIA,

---rony

Re: Two open slots at the end of Thursday ?

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 09/10/2012 Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> speaker of #235 accepted to give the talk.
> Since Oliver is away, I will need the help of someone else to:  ...
> - Put talk #235 into the conference schedule at
> http://www.apachecon.eu/schedule/ (November 8, 2.30 PM, Press Room: Jian
> Lee, Improvements of Table Formatting in Writer).

This is not done yet. I've now sent the speaker a "Speaker Next Steps"
e-mail based on the one I had received, but
http://www.apachecon.eu/schedule/ must still be corrected.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Two open slots at the end of Thursday ?

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 05/10/2012 Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
> speaker of stand-by talk #71 accepted to give the talk.
> Please send out the official invitation.
> Or can I send it out on behalf of the ACEU 2012 planners?
> I will put talk #71 into the conference schedule.

Same for the second slot: speaker of #235 accepted to give the talk.

Since Oliver is away, I will need the help of someone else to:
- send the official invitation (or I can send it based on the one I
received as speaker)
- Put talk #235 into the conference schedule at
http://www.apachecon.eu/schedule/ (November 8, 2.30 PM, Press Room: Jian
Lee, Improvements of Table Formatting in Writer).

Thanks,
   Andrea Pescetti - Apache OpenOffice PPMC.

Re: Two open slots at the end of Thursday ?

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

speaker of stand-by talk #71 accepted to give the talk.

Please send out the official invitation.
Or can I send it out on behalf of the ACEU 2012 planners?

I will put talk #71 into the conference schedule.

Best regards, Oliver.

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org>.
On 01/10/12 22:24, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 01/10/2012 Rony G. Flatscher wrote:
>> Otherwise fearing a little bit, that people who look at the program
>> think that AOO is not really hot, as two slots remain unfilled.
>
> This would be funny. We had to exclude dozens of valuable OpenOffice
> talk proposals due to constraints on the number of OpenOffice talks we
> could approve... The current layout is probably due to other reasons,
> but not to a scarcity of good OpenOffice proposals.

I think Oliver and Don have a plan for these two slots, but I'll let
them confirm what that is!

Nick

Re: Two open slots at the end of Thursday ?

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
It is fully scheduled but this is not reflected at the URL below yet. The last talk is missing. I leave the messages below for context but my last message in this thread has more details.
Regards,
Andrea.

Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com> ha scritto:

Going through my to-do list, I can verify the Press Room is now fully scheduled.

regards
Steve

--
Steve Holden steve@holdenweb.com, Holden Web, LLC http://holdenweb.com/
Next: Helping with ApacheCon EU (community edition) http://apachecon.eu/

Re: Two open slots at the end of Thursday ?

Posted by Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi,

I accepted  Sascha's speeches but he was in vacation and forgot to answer. Could it be possible for him to use these slots? Sascha?
http://www.apachecon.eu/reviews/review/76/
http://www.apachecon.eu/reviews/review/77/

Thanks

Jacques