Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Xavier Ottolini <xa...@yahoo.fr> on 2010/03/23 15:44:40 UTC

question

Hi,

I tried to display error messages in my JSP, I put on the JSP the tag :

In the MessageRessources.properties, I created the following entries :
errors.header=<div class="errors">
errors.footer=</div>
errors.prefix=<div>
errors.suffix=</div>

error.technique=Problème technique {0}
error.utilisateurdoublon=L'utilisateur existe déjà

The errors header and footer is not customized. And I do not understant why.

In my struts-config.xml, I declared the MessageRessources.properties file :
    <message-resources parameter="fr.documentfacturationdcp.MessageResources"/>

In the Action class, I do the following process :

package fr.postgresqldocumentfacturationdcp.webapp;

import org.apache.log4j.Logger;
import org.apache.struts.action.Action;
import org.apache.struts.action.ActionErrors;
import org.apache.struts.action.ActionForward;
import org.apache.struts.action.ActionMessage;

import fr.postgresqldocumentfacturationdcp.domaine.Administrateur;
import fr.postgresqldocumentfacturationdcp.domaine.Utilisateur;
import fr.postgresqldocumentfacturationdcp.metier.GestionAdministrateur;
import fr.postgresqldocumentfacturationdcp.vue.AdministrateurForm;
import fr.ouestfrance.evno.metier.exception.FunctionalException;

public class AjouterAdministrateurAction extends Action {

    public AjouterAdministrateurAction() {
        super();
    }

    public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping pMapping, ActionForm pForm, HttpServletRequest pRequest,
            HttpServletResponse pResponse) throws Exception {
        ActionErrors vErrors = new ActionErrors();
        ActionForward vActionForward;

        try {
                AdministrateurForm vForm = (AdministrateurForm) pForm;

                if (...) {
                    ActionMessage vMessage = new ActionMessage("error.utilisateurdoublon");
                    vErrors.add("logique", vMessage);
                    saveErrors(pRequest, vErrors);
                    vActionForward = pMapping.findForward("erreur");
                }

            vActionForward = pMapping.findForward("validation");
        } catch (FunctionalException vFex) {
            ActionMessage vMessageErreur = new ActionMessage("error.technique", vFex.getMessage());
            vErrors.add("technique", vMessageErreur);
            saveErrors(pRequest, vErrors);
            vActionForward = pMapping.findForward("erreur");
        }

        return vActionForward;
    }
}

The HTML code generated when an error is raised is the following :

Have you got any idea why the errors.header, errors.footer, errors.prefix, errors.suffix keys of the MessageRessources are not used ? What should I do ?

The other keys of the MessageRessources are displayed without any problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards.

Xavier