Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by jude <fl...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/19 22:18:54 UTC

Names for FlexJS MXML

Alex, et al,

Is there a name or 3-4 letter acronym we can use for FlexJS MXML to
differentiate it from Flex MXML? I'm drawing a blank and these don't seem
to fit:

FXML
FXJSML
FxJsML
FalconML

I don't think the JS part of the name fits because FlexJS also outputs SWF.
It's a hybrid of Flex, MXML, AS with two different target platforms SWF and
transpiled HTML / JS.

For example, we have HTML, MXML, XAML but what would sound good for FlexJS?

Re: Names for FlexJS MXML

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
FlexJS uses the same exact MXML that Flex SDK uses.  It just operates on a
different default namespace - Flex SDK, with mx, spark, etc.  and FlexJS
with basic, js etc.  Structurally they are (should) be the same.

Thanks,
Om

Re: Names for FlexJS MXML

Posted by Michael Schmalle <te...@gmail.com>.
Agreed, MXML is a markup language and it it's AST form really has nothing
to do with SWF, JS or AS, it's it's own language spec. This is why JS can
be gleaned from the same thing AS is.

I know I am stating the obvious but man, working with MXML since Josh
released it for Feathers has been some of the funnest times programming
these last 3 months for Android/Desktop apps.

I couldn't imagine using the same patterns to make a single page
mobile./web app with the same fluid design/development experience that MXML
gives me right now.

Mike

Re: Names for FlexJS MXML

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.