Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jim Reynolds <ji...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/20 15:07:29 UTC

Core Tag Question Struts 1.29

Hello,

I am refactoring some code, and ran into an error, I cannot quite figure out.

I have the following line in my jsp page.
<c:out value="${error}"/>

I have an include at top of jsp page that includes a page of taglibs.
<%@ include file="/includes/imports.jsp" %>

That file has the core tag here:
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>

The jar standard.jar has the  c.tld in its META-INF directory, and has
a c:out that  has the following definition. (see below). It looks like
it does not take a runtime expression for out, but it used to work?

Then I googled the core tags and found that an example here
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.3/docs/tutorial/doc/JSTL5.html
that shows using a runtime expression. Any clues why my taglib has
rtexprvalue = false?

Thanks,

<tag>
    <name>out</name>
    <tag-class>org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.el.core.OutTag</tag-class>
    <description>
	Like &lt;%= ... &gt;, but for expressions.
    </description>
    <attribute>
        <name>value</name>
        <required>true</required>