Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Arrigo Marchiori <ar...@yahoo.it.INVALID> on 2022/02/15 19:30:19 UTC

[DISCUSS] The Public Service Mission of Apache OpenOffice

The Apache OpenOffice PMC is calling all developers and users to
prepare the "Mission Statement" for the project.

A project’s mission statement is crucially important for defining both
the identity of the project and of the community that makes that
project a reality.

Our mission statement must outline the current state of the project
and its near and distant goals.

The "Apache Way" emphasizes that the community is more valued than the
software source code itself.

The current draft of the mission statement is here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/KALFAQ

The purpose of this [DISCUSS] thread is to get community feedback
before publishing the mission statement. We expect this discussion to
take not more than one week. This means that the mission statement
will be officially released on 22 February 2022 -- unless we find a
broad consensus on delaying it.

The discussion will take place on the development mailing list.
The list archives are public and anyone can subscribe to contribute:

We look forward to your feedback!
--
Arrigo Marchiori
On behalf of the OpenOffice PMC

Re: [DISCUSS] The Public Service Mission of Apache OpenOffice

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.
Hi Arrigo,

I think it looks good also.
Thanks for starting the discussion!