Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Juergen Heckel <JH...@t-online.de> on 2002/05/26 10:29:09 UTC

[Win32]: apache -k start broken

Hi,
since two days (the latest 2.0.37-dev) the command line option "apache
-k start" seems to be broken: the apache server responds with unkown
option. "Net start apache2" works as before.

Juergen

Re: [Win32]: apache -k start broken

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
At 06:48 AM 5/28/2002, you wrote:
>JHeckel@t-online.de (Juergen Heckel) writes:
>
> > Juergen Heckel wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > > since two days (the latest 2.0.37-dev) the command line option "apache
> > > -k start" seems to be broken: the apache server responds with unkown
> > > option. "Net start apache2" works as before.
> > >
> > > Juergen
> >
> > Hi,
> > no solution, no answer here?
>
>A little bird told me the other day that some windows code leaves a
>dummy "" arg on the command-line when it gets back from the
>rewrite_args hook, and that this patch of mine to complain if there is
>extraneous crap on the command-line catches the "".  (I cannot confirm
>this diagnosis personally.)
>
>http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/httpd-2.0/server/main.c.diff?r1=1.131&r2=1.132
>
>You may wish to revert that change temporarily until the Win32 code is
>changed to avoid leaving stuff on the command-line.

Actually, I just put in the patch this weekend that should have fixed that
misbehavior, at least from the reading ConfigArgs side of the coin.  But
I will go back over that code once again.  The weekend was busy.

Bill

Re: [Win32]: apache -k start broken

Posted by Juergen Heckel <JH...@t-online.de>.
Jeff Trawick wrote:

>>> since two days (the latest 2.0.37-dev) the command line option "apache
>>> -k start" seems to be broken: the apache server responds with unkown
>>> option. "Net start apache2" works as before.
>
> A little bird told me the other day that some windows code leaves a
> dummy "" arg on the command-line when it gets back from the
> rewrite_args hook, and that this patch of mine to complain if there is
> extraneous crap on the command-line catches the "".  (I cannot confirm
> this diagnosis personally.)

Hi,
thank you.
The last snapshot which worked was from 22.05.2002.

If I change the following line in main.c (introduced since 23.05.2002)
    if (rv != APR_EOF || opt->ind < opt->argc) {

back to the previous line
    if (rv != APR_EOF) {

all is ok again. I can compile but I don't understand C++:-(

I hope this will be fixed soon.

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...

Re: [Win32]: apache -k start broken

Posted by Juergen Heckel <JH...@t-online.de>.
Juergen Heckel wrote:

> Hi,
> since two days (the latest 2.0.37-dev) the command line option "apache
> -k start" seems to be broken: the apache server responds with unkown
> option. "Net start apache2" works as before.
>
> Juergen

Hi,
no solution, no answer here?

Juergen