Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sébastien Dui <Du...@Dui.be> on 2002/06/13 14:07:00 UTC

Tomcat and an xml file for repository of texts

    Hi,

    I'm actually developping a web application for the european market,
translated in a couple of different languages. In order to allow the
translators and content writers access the designers layouts without
modifying it, I'm thinking about making an xml file acting as a repository
of all the different texts included in the pages.
    I'm going to generate the xml page using a database, so I could allow a
default language text to be set for those not translated yet.

Does anybody tried a solution like this before ? Do you think I will
encounter performances' problems ?

Any advice would be more than welcome,

Regards,

Sébastien Dui

Re: Tomcat and an xml file for repository of texts

Posted by peter lin <pe...@labs.gte.com>.
that would depend on how it's going to be used. If you're talking about
a content management system which has multi-lingual support, you're not
going to need super fast response time. On the otherhand, if it's a
portal like site which support multiple languages, then you're better
off using bundles to grab the text in some generic/standardize format.

peter