Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by "ados1984@gmail.com" <ad...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/13 22:00:22 UTC

Reg: Setting up Hadoop Cluster

Hello Team,

I have one question regarding putting data into hdfs and running mapreduce
on data present in hdfs.

   1. hdfs is file system and so to interact with it what kind of clients
   are available? also where do we need to install those client?
   2. regarding pig, hive and mapreduce, where do we install them on hadoop
   cluster and from where do we run all scripts and how does it internally
   know that it needs to run on node 1, node2 or node 3?

any inputs here would really helpful.

Thanks, Andy.

Re: Reg: Setting up Hadoop Cluster

Posted by Geoffry Roberts <th...@gmail.com>.
Did you not populate the "slaves" file when you did your installation?  In
older versions of hadoop (< 2.0),  there was a "master" file where you
entered your name node.  Now days there are multiple name nodes.  I haven't
worked with them as of yet.

I installed pig, for example, on my name node and ran it from there.

Posted by Geoffry Roberts <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geoffry Roberts <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geoffry Roberts <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "ados1984@gmail.com" <ad...@gmail.com>.