Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by mu...@swiftdsl.com.au on 2004/07/12 07:52:29 UTC

HTTP Status

Hi Everyone,

I have a question that is not directly related to tomcat however I am
hoping that someone may know that answer. I have setup tomcat and I am
running a production website on it. In the log files I am getting unusual
request type like LOCK, OPTIONS and PROPFIND and these sometimes produce
error 500 status codes. Has anyone seen these before? Thanks for your time
and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest Regards,
Matt Anderson

RE: HTTP Status

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
These are WebDAV methods. See RFC2518. Tomcat will respond with a 500 to these
unless you have configured the webdav servlet.

Mark