Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com> on 2009/07/01 07:27:14 UTC

Re: License question

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 2:30 PM, Ted Ross<tr...@redhat.com> wrote:
> I would like to add a new m4 macro definition (AC_PROG_SWIG) to the CPP
> build directory but it has the following license text.  I understand that
> GPLv2 is not compatible with the Apache license but I don't know if the
> stated exceptions make it ok to incorporate this source.
>
> Can someone with more legal knowledge that I have weigh in on this?

httpd/APR uses autoconf macros that are under similar terms.  In
short, no worries here - feel free to use the macro in qpid.  --
justin

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: License question

Posted by Henri Yandell <hy...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 10:27 PM, Justin
Erenkrantz<ju...@erenkrantz.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 2:30 PM, Ted Ross<tr...@redhat.com> wrote:
>> I would like to add a new m4 macro definition (AC_PROG_SWIG) to the CPP
>> build directory but it has the following license text.  I understand that
>> GPLv2 is not compatible with the Apache license but I don't know if the
>> stated exceptions make it ok to incorporate this source.
>>
>> Can someone with more legal knowledge that I have weigh in on this?
>
> httpd/APR uses autoconf macros that are under similar terms.  In
> short, no worries here - feel free to use the macro in qpid.  --

Yeah, if httpd/APR do it then it must be good. :)  *teases Justin*

Anyway... this is listed as a Category A license on
http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html.

"# FSF autoconf license"

Hen