Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by PSI <an...@pipelinesoftware.com> on 2009/06/17 22:48:03 UTC

CXF 2.2 and WSDL for abstract classes

Guys:

How to generate wsdl for class extending abstract class? Ideally it would
generate complex Type with extension-base.... but it looks like it
completely ignores abstract class and moves all attributes into child
classes....

Is there anyway to specifiy this?

Let me know,

Thanks,
Anil G

Re: CXF 2.2 and WSDL for abstract classes

Posted by PSI <an...@pipelinesoftware.com>.
Here it is snipet... Let me know.... also when i tried with Metro_1.5 it does
generate correct WSDL but class names are lower case :( and it does not work
well with Spring.

CXF implementation is better though...except this problem...

public static class EquipmentDetail extends Detail {
	private String equipmentId;

	public EquipmentDetail() {
	}
}

	public abstract static class Detail {
		protected String abcInd;
		protected Date acquisitionDate;
		protected double acquisitionValue;
		protected Date validFrom;
		protected Date validTo;
..
..
		public Detail() {
		}

... (Getter & Setters)

}

WSDL has following....fragment...and does not event have 'Detail' class, no
matter class is abstract nor not...

<xsd:complexType name="EquipmentDetail">
- <xsd:sequence>
  <xsd:element minOccurs="0" name="abcInd" nillable="true" type="xsd:string"
/>
  <xsd:element minOccurs="0" name="acquisitionDate" type="xsd:dateTime" />
  <xsd:element minOccurs="0" name="acquisitionValue" type="xsd:double" />
  <xsd:element minOccurs="0" name="constructMonth" nillable="true"
type="xsd:string" />
  <xsd:element minOccurs="0" name="constructYear" nillable="true"
type="xsd:string" />
  <xsd:element minOccurs="0" name="costCenter" nillable="true"
type="xsd:string" />
  <xsd:element minOccurs="0" name="creationDate" type="xsd:dateTime" />

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org