Posted to dev@solr.apache.org by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com> on 2022/03/01 09:46:27 UTC

Re: New branch and feature freeze for Solr 9.0.0

Hi, and welcome to March!

Our initial goal of a RC1 within February slipped, but we are still in a good position.
I'll try to summarize the current code blockers:

SOLR-16061  Decouple CloudSolrClient from ZkStateReader

This is new, a spin-off from SOLR-15342 to prepare for solrj modularization. There is already a draft PR. Hope there will be progress on this so we don't have to delay solrj modularization until 10.0

SOLR-14290  Fix NPE in SolrTestCaseJ4 breaking external usage for master/9.x

This has not seen any movement despite repeated reminders, so unless there is progress within a few days I'll remove it as blocker and add a note to the release notes that users relying on running test framework locally should wait for a later release.

SOLR-14401  "distrib" request handler metrics should only be tracked on...

There is a PR, not sure how close to merge it is though.

Also, David found a new blocker bug yesterday - the "jetty" metrics group is missing in 9.x. There will likely be another blocker due to this.

Appreciate an update in this thread on the ETA for each of these.

Jan

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
The blockers are once again resolved.

Building RC1 has failed 4 times in a row due to flaky tests.
Also, the last 4 runs of "Solr-Check-9.0" in Jenkins have failed: https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Solr/job/Solr-Check-9.0/

These are the tests failing in recent Jenkins runs:
- org.apache.solr.search.TestCancellableCollector.classMethod

- org.apache.solr.cloud.OverseerTest.testShardLeaderChange
- org.apache.solr.cloud.TestLeaderElectionZkExpiry.classMethod
- org.apache.solr.core.snapshots.TestSolrCloudSnapshots.testSnapshots

- org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CloudSolrClientTest.testPerReplicaStateCollection

- org.apache.solr.cloud.TestLeaderElectionZkExpiry.classMethod
- org.apache.solr.handler.TestReplicationHandler.doTestIndexFetchOnLeaderRestart
- org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CloudSolrClientCacheTest.classMethod

I BadApple'd TestLeaderElectionZkExpiry (SOLR-16122), and will try build the RC again.
Appreciate help with fixing some of these other tests.

Jan

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Houston Putman <ho...@apache.org>.