Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by "Abrams, Howard A" <Ho...@ca.com> on 2006/01/12 01:48:51 UTC

Nightlys and 1.1.2

Hi Everyone,

Forgive me in advance if the following questions sound insensitive to
the hard work that's been going into getting maven going. I haven't been
following that thread so I don't know the current state of things.

I want to use some of the functionality and fixes that have gone into
the impl since 1.1.1, so I have two natural questions:

1. How close are we to having nightly builds up and running again?

2. Was there ever any resolution on what else needs to be completed
before we can begin the 1.1.2 release process? Unless there is a clear
set of things that need to be fixed in the impl first, I'd like to
propose we start the process once the maven work is complete and the
builds are up and running again.

Thanks in advance,

h.

Re: Nightlys and 1.1.2

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@obsidium.com>.
Abrams, Howard A wrote:

> 1. How close are we to having nightly builds up and running again?

I don't know, but with the new maven setup it's **really** easy to
compile the source for yourself. Once the code is downloaded, and maven
2.0.1 is installed, it's just a matter of going to the right directory
and typing *one* maven command.

As long as you have a reasonable network connection (to download the
source from SVN + all the dependencies) there's really no need for the
nightly builds.

Instructions for building are on the wiki.

Regards,

Simon