Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vasile GABURICI <ga...@cs.pub.ro> on 2000/05/01 05:57:58 UTC

mod_ssl problems

        Hi all,

        While trying to use Tomcat 3.1beta 1 with apache 1.3.12 + mod_ssl
 2.6.2 I have encountered the following problem: Accessing
https://localhost/examples works fine, but when I try
https://localhost/examples/servles I get the following error (400):

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Reason: You're speaking plain HTTP to an SSL-enabled server port. Instead
use the HTTPS scheme to access this URL, please.

        I guess that jserv module is not correctly forwarding the request,
as it should keep the port and protocol. It seems to me that bug #212 is
about this.

        Question: Some guys wrote in the FAQ-O-MATIC that mod_ssl worked
for them. I'd like to know how...

	Cheers,
	Vasile

Re: mod_ssl problems

Posted by Phil Welch <Ph...@worldnet.att.net>.
Jan,

EXCELLENT; EXCELLENT; EXCELLENT!!!!

Best Regards and Thanks!

Phil Welch

Re: mod_ssl problems

Posted by Vasile GABURICI <ga...@cs.pub.ro>.
On Mon, 1 May 2000, Jan Labanowski wrote:

> On Mon, 1 May 2000, Vasile GABURICI wrote:
>

> >         Hi all,
> >
> >         While trying to use Tomcat 3.1beta 1 with apache 1.3.12 + mod_ssl
> >  2.6.2 I have encountered the following problem: Accessing
> > https://localhost/examples works fine, but when I try
> > https://localhost/examples/servles I get the following error (400):
>
> Try my stuff...
> http://www.ccl.net/cca/software/UNIX/apache/index.shtml

	Thanks a lot. BTW, I'd like to see a links page on the jakarta
site pointing to such resources...

> you mean
> https://localhost/examples/servlets/   ?

	Of course; it was a typo in my mail...

Re: mod_ssl problems

Posted by Vasile GABURICI <ga...@cs.pub.ro>.
        I'm not sure why it doesn't work, but I have a fix. Adding the
following lines to <VirtualHost _default_:443> section cures the HTTPS
rewrite problem.

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine  on
RewriteRule    ^/examples/servlets$     /examples/servlets/  [R]
RewriteRule    ^/examples/jsp$          /examples/jsp/  [R]
</IfModule>

Re: mod_ssl problems

Posted by Jan Labanowski <jk...@osc.edu>.

Re: mod_ssl problems