Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mona Wong-Barnum <mo...@eggshell.ucsd.edu> on 2002/09/26 02:19:00 UTC

emails to list get language filter replies

> Sorry, my initial reply got filtered by some kind of
> language censor.

	I've been getting this with every email I sent to the list.  I thought
it was just me.  But now looks like you are too.  Uh, is this a problem for the
list?

Subject: ChW find words Re: tomcat 4.0.5 not serving HTML pages
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 19:00:19 -0500
From: EPTXUDSB113.TXUB@txu.com
To: mona@eggshell.ucsd.edu

MIMEsweeper ChineseWall
Server: EPTXUDSB113/Server/TXU
Mail-Info

From:              Mona Wong-Barnum <mo...@eggshell.ucsd.edu> @ TXUE@TXUB
To:                tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Rec.: CN=Ernest J Chambers/OU=BIZSRV/O=TXU
Date:              09/25/2002 07:00:03 PM
Subject:           tomcat 4.0.5 not serving HTML pages
'ChW find words' reports:

TXU automatically screens all e-mail for inappropriate subject matter (i.e.
material that is offensive, harassing, threatening, discriminatory,
sexually-explicit, pornographic or obscene).

Based on this initial screening, the e-mail, referenced in the above
subject, may contain information that is considered inappropriate for the
business environment. The information of concern is shown below.

Your e-mail has been logged and will be reviewed promptly. If, after
review, it's considered to be appropriate business correspondence, you will
not receive any further communications.

Please refer to the "TXU Companies Internet, Intranet and E-mail Policy" in
the attached link for complete details and compliance.
http://tuinet.tu.com/DSABRSMain/usageofinternet.htm

If you have any questions, please direct them to mimefilter@txu.com

Thank you for your cooperation.

**
contains or may contain confidential information intended only for the
addressee.  If you are not an intended recipient of this message, be
advised that any reading, dissemination, forwarding, printing, copying
or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.
immediately by reply message and delete this email message and any
attachments from your system.
**

Mona Wong-Barnum
National Center for Microscopy and Imaging Research
University of California, San Diego
http://ncmir.ucsd.edu/

"The truth shall set you free, but first it will piss you off"
				A Landmark instructor

Re: emails to list get language filter replies

Posted by Milt Epstein <me...@uiuc.edu>.
On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Mona Wong-Barnum wrote:

> > Sorry, my initial reply got filtered by some kind of
> > language censor.
>
> 	I've been getting this with every email I sent to the list.  I
> thought it was just me.  But now looks like you are too.  Uh, is
> this a problem for the list?
[ ... ]

FWIW, I've never gotten that message (or one like it).

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
mepstein@uiuc.edu

Re: emails to list get language filter replies

Posted by Milt Epstein <me...@uiuc.edu>.
On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Brad Plies wrote:

> Hehe, notice the segment
> > If you have any questions, please direct them to
> > mimefilter@txu.com
>
> Not to dwell off-topic, but I have a question for
> them:
> 'Why are they interfering with our communication?'
>
> Also note this:
> > MIMEsweeper ChineseWall
> > "TXU Companies Internet, Intranet and E-mail Policy"
>

> Who are these people?  ChineseWall?  Have anything to
> do with China's net crackdown?

I think you may be looking a little too hard for a conspiracy.  I
suspect someone who is a legitimate list subscriber gets their email
at a site that has this filter set up (that doesn't make it any less
obnoxious/presumptuous, but perhaps a little more innocent).  You
could try sending a message to that address above and asking them your
question(s).

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
mepstein@uiuc.edu

Re: emails to list get language filter replies

Posted by Brad Plies <pl...@yahoo.com>.
Hehe, notice the segment