Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Anand Kumar Sankaran <an...@workday.com> on 2016/08/29 17:30:09 UTC

Simulating network outage in tests

Hi

I am implementing a segmentation resolver to handle split brain scenarios.  I need to simulate network outages to unit test this behavior.  Any suggestions on how to simulate this?  I see that the TcpDiscoverySpi has timeouts, is there a way to mock TcpDiscoverySpi to think that there is a network outage to simulate such conditions?

Thanks.

--
anand

Re: Simulating network outage in tests

Posted by Anand Kumar Sankaran <an...@workday.com>.
Thanks again, Val.

On 8/29/16, 3:48 PM, "vkulichenko" <va...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Hi Anand,

    I recommend you to ask on the dev@ list about this. Most likely you will get
    better guidance there.

    -Val

    --
    View this message in context: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__apache-2Dignite-2Dusers.70518.x6.nabble.com_Simulating-2Dnetwork-2Doutage-2Din-2Dtests-2Dtp7377p7391.html&d=DQICAg&c=DS6PUFBBr_KiLo7Sjt3ljp5jaW5k2i9ijVXllEdOozc&r=qU_93SngJY3bPFd_cHFzZ8u3Owp9FHXx0iQE6zMz3jc&m=taDd1Vrr6WIy3Nh8tvRnrTIx-5rO67UkVWfzZRuNan0&s=IWWegxdgauv5x5HsQLwoqZCfKSV6yu_ph9a9Ib_2acs&e=

Re: Simulating network outage in tests

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anand,