Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Sylvain Lebresne <sy...@datastax.com> on 2014/07/02 13:47:08 UTC

Re: [RELEASE] Apache Cassandra 1.2.17 released

TL;DR: unless you plan on compiling the source for this 1.2.17 release with
java 6, or want to use the new CloudStack snitch with java 6, you can
ignore this. Otherwise, read on.

The source for this 1.2.17 release won't compile with java 6 due to a
regression from CASSANDRA-7147
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-7147>. This is a "bug":
the 1.2 branch is still meant to be compatible with java 6 and we'll
release a 1.2.18 with a fix for this this shortly. Please note that doesn't
affect the binary artifacts published: those are still compiled for java 6
and there no particular problem running them with java 6. With the one
exception being the the new Cloudstack snitch introduced by CASSANDRA-7147
that will not work (it will throw a ClassNotFoundException) with java 6
until 1.2.18 is released.

--
Sylvain