Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sh...@csiro.au on 2009/04/30 04:35:59 UTC

Application-specific jar files with Tomcat v6.0

Hi,

I am deploying an axis2 web service with Tomcat v6.0.

The web service required a third-part jar file, say x.jar
I can make the work service working with Axis2 standalone server by putting x.jar into [axis2_home]/lib.

According to Tomcat documents and corresponding discussion, I put x.jar into [Tomcat 6.0_home]\webapps\axis2\WEB-INF\lib, as deploying with Tomcat 6.However, it does NOT work!

Then, I tried to put x.jar onto [Tomcat 6.0_home]\lib, although I understand it is not a good idea.
It still does NOT work!

At end, I add x.jar to the java classpath using the Tomcat 6 configure GUI (the small icon).
It works this time!

So I wonder if it is a bug of Tomcat 6, or I did something wrong.
I suppose that it be a very common issue and have been heavily discussed.
Why it is still there?

I would be very grateful if I can get an answer. In addition, other users may also have experienced the same issue.

Shiping.chen@csiro.au<ma...@csiro.au>

Re: Application-specific jar files with Tomcat v6.0

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
I think the first piece of information needed is what the OP means by
".. it does not work!"  Are there any logs or stacktraces to clarify
what that means?  Also it might be helpful to know what x.jar has in it
w/ regard to packages and classes.  Essentially I don't think anyone can
help until more information is available.

--David

Posted by Xie Xiaodong <xx...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

2009/4/30 <Sh...@csiro.au>

> Hi,
>
> I am deploying an axis2 web service with Tomcat v6.0.
>
> The web service required a third-part jar file, say x.jar
> I can make the work service working with Axis2 standalone server by putting
> x.jar into [axis2_home]/lib.
>
> According to Tomcat documents and corresponding discussion, I put x.jar
> into [Tomcat 6.0_home]\webapps\axis2\WEB-INF\lib, as deploying with Tomcat
> 6.However, it does NOT work!
>
> Then, I tried to put x.jar onto [Tomcat 6.0_home]\lib, although I
> understand it is not a good idea.
> It still does NOT work!
>
> At end, I add x.jar to the java classpath using the Tomcat 6 configure GUI
> (the small icon).
> It works this time!
>
> So I wonder if it is a bug of Tomcat 6, or I did something wrong.
> I suppose that it be a very common issue and have been heavily discussed.
> Why it is still there?
>
> I would be very grateful if I can get an answer. In addition, other users
> may also have experienced the same issue.

> Shiping.chen@csiro.au<ma...@csiro.au>

--
Sincerely yours and Best Regards,
Xie Xiaodong