Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Lionel Cons <li...@cern.ch> on 2011/06/08 12:41:01 UTC

Changing Apollo's configuration without a restart

Hiram,

Pointing a web browser to /broker/config in the Apollo web administration
interface, I can see the apollo.xml file as well as an "Update" button.

I didn't find anything about this in the documentation, could you please
document what Apollo can do with regard to configuration changes?

On our side, there are two areas where we would really like to be able to
modify Apollo's behavior without a restart (= without downtime):

(1) changing the logging parameters (log4j.properties) to temporarily debug
    a problem

(2) changing the ACLs for instance to add a user (you can add it to
    users.properties but the ACLs are in apollo.xml...) or to block a
    misbehaving client

Cheers,

Lionel

Re: Changing Apollo's configuration without a restart

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Hi Lionel,

The latest snapshot now implements both APLO-39 and APLO-40

Regards,
Hiram

FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com/