Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by "Dorner, Thomas" <Th...@t-systems.com> on 2004/10/25 12:11:40 UTC

AxisHttpSession update

Hello all,

I have extended the AxisHttpSession class form Glen Daniels, cause the
Method touch is missing some logic.

Now it is possible to touch the session, and the new timeout of the session
(HttpSession) will move foreward.

Therefore I have also changed the constructors of the class.

I hope you will take this changes in further axis releases and like it.

If you don't like it - you are free to kick it.

The following is the code to generate new Session in my SessionHandler:

      private synchronized String getNewSession(MessageContext context){

            wsLogger.debug("[Methode: getNewSession()] - Enter method");

            HttpServletRequest request = (HttpServletRequest)
context.getProperty(HTTPConstants.MC_HTTP_SERVLETREQUEST);

            HttpSession httpSession = request.getSession(true);

            int sessionTimeoutParam = Integer.parseInt((String)
this.getOption("sessionTimeout"));

            if(sessionTimeoutParam != 0){

                  defaultSessionTimeout = sessionTimeoutParam;

            }

            AxisHttpSession session = new AxisHttpSession(httpSession,
defaultSessionTimeout);

            String id = session.getSessionID();

            wsLogger.debug("[Methode: getNewSession()] - New session was
generated with ID : " + id);

            session.set("listener", new SessionTimeoutNotifier());

            activeSessions.put(id, session);

            return id;

      }

Thanks

Thomas

Re: AxisHttpSession update

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Thomas,

Can you please open a JIRA enchancement request and upload a "cvs diff
-u" against latest cvs?

thanks,
dims

Re: AxisHttpSession update