Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by David Viner <dv...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2002/07/15 20:52:30 UTC

patch for sequencer

Hi,
	Here's a patch for the Sequencer.java file which adds a list() and
contains() function.  these are just really helpful when i want to generate
my own sequences.

(credit to david ku for this patch)

dave

Re: patch for sequencer

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@xmldatabases.org>.
On Friday, July 19, 2002, at 12:24  PM, David Viner wrote:

> thanks.
> we're storing the meta data in a seperate 'meta' collection under '/db'
> much
> like the system collection.   i hope to make a patch which adds the
> requisite changes to enable this functionality.
>
> our links are very similar in concept to auto-linking.  in fact, what we'
> ve
> developed and are working on is a lens service.  one property of the lens
> service is a linking lens which funcions as auto-linking would.  but,
> there
> are other possible lenses, like 'xslt' or 'transform' lens.  so this
> provides a relatively uniform way to view data thru any single or set of
> lens which perform one or more operations on the data.  if there is
> interest, i'll make a patch for this capability as well.

I've been working on something that seems to be similar, so I'm definitely
interested in hearing more about what you've done. I just have concepts
though, so an implementation is more interesting.

> dave

Kimbro Staken
Java and XML Software, Consulting and Writing http://www.xmldatabases.org/
Apache Xindice native XML database http://xml.apache.org/xindice
XML:DB Initiative http://www.xmldb.org

RE: patch for sequencer

Re: patch for sequencer

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@xmldatabases.org>.

RE: patch for sequencer

Posted by David Viner <dv...@yahoo-inc.com>.
we're using it over the network.

essentially, we implemented an extended version of xindice (2 or 3 more
patches to come which enable this).  in that extended version, we added
several features that are pertinent to our project.  They include
auto-creating a Meta object for each Resource (Collection/Document).  This
Meta object contains useful metadata about the resource.  The Meta object's
xml looks like:
	<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
		<system type="link" href="/db/test/bar/romeo">
        		<!--Create time is Mon Jul 15 14:36:02 PDT 2002-->
			<attr name="created" value="1026768962473"/>
			<!--Modified time is Mon Jul 15 14:36:02 PDT 2002-->
			<attr name="modified" value="1026768962473"/>
		</system>
		<attrs>
			<attr name="user-defined" value="stuff" />
		</attrs>
		<custom>
			.. any xml here ..
		</custom>

Also, we added a feature for "linking" one document to another.  Finally, we

Re: patch for sequencer

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@xmldatabases.org>.