Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Sepand M <se...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/18 22:54:07 UTC

File based AutorizationMap

Hi everyone,

I've been looking through the code and have noticed that the only
AuthorizationMaps are DefaultAuthorizationMap and
SimpleAuthorizationMap. And neither of these allows for text-based
configuration of access.

I'm wondering if such a thing exists and if I should create one if it doesn't.
I'm thinking the config file would be something like:

Queue:>::group:admins
Queue:USERS>::group:users
Topic:>::group:admins

where each line is an addition to the map and each line is made of:
<Queue/Topic>:<destination name>::<group/user
>:<group/user name>

(the delimitor choice is open for debate)

Anyone agree?

Re: File based AutorizationMap

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 8/21/06, Sepand M <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've seen that before, but I can't understand what's going on

Its loading an authorization map into the broker

>  or how
> to load the XML into the broker (if that's what's meant to be done).

Try use that example XML to configure your broker?

--

James
-------

Re: File based AutorizationMap

Posted by Sepand M <se...@gmail.com>.
I've seen that before, but I can't understand what's going on or how
to load the XML into the broker (if that's what's meant to be done). I
also can't find any further documentation or find out what's going on
from the code.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Sepand

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sepand M <se...@gmail.com>.
Actually, a text based map would be redundant if there's an XML map
already in place.
I can't seem to find the XML map anywhere. Could you tell me where it is?

Thanks,

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

--

James