Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Chris Lieb <ch...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/10 18:05:16 UTC

SSH Slaves plugin can't connect

I am trying to set up a Linux slave using the SSH Slaves plugin
connecting from a Linux host.  I have entered the connection information
for the slave into Hudson and made sure that you can remotely log in to
the slave using the slave user.  However, it always shows up as offline
and when I look at the slave log, I see the following:

[11/10/08 11:00:34] [SSH] Opening SSH connection to slavebox:22.
[11/10/08 11:00:34] [SSH] Authenticating as hudson-slave/******.
java.io.IOException: Password authentication failed.
	at com.trilead.ssh2.auth.AuthenticationManager.authenticatePassword(AuthenticationManager.java:317)
	at com.trilead.ssh2.Connection.authenticateWithPassword(Connection.java:312)
	at hudson.plugins.sshslaves.SSHLauncher.openConnection(SSHLauncher.java:295)
	at hudson.plugins.sshslaves.SSHLauncher.launch(SSHLauncher.java:105)
	at hudson.slaves.SlaveComputer$1.run(SlaveComputer.java:116)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:885)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Authentication method password not supported by the server at this stage.
	at com.trilead.ssh2.auth.AuthenticationManager.authenticatePassword(AuthenticationManager.java:287)
	... 7 more
[11/10/08 11:00:34] [SSH] Connection closed.

I tried disabling the password on the hudson-slave account and removing
the password from the Hudson slave configuration, but I received the
exact same error, complete with six stars in place of the password in
the second line of the log file.

Is there something special that I need to do to get this plugin to
work?  If this plugin doesn't work, how else can I set up a slave on an
X-less Linux box?

Thanks,
Chris

Re: SSH Slaves plugin can't connect

Posted by Chris Lieb <ch...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, posted to the wrong list.  This was supposed to go to
users@hudson.dev.java.net.

Chris