Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Tony Dean <To...@sas.com> on 2007/06/27 15:52:07 UTC

[Axis2] security jars copied to temp during engagement

Hi,

I'm currently using Axis 1.1/ Rampart 1.1 on Windows XP.

It appears that everytime you engage rampart either on the server or client, security jars are copied into the user's temp area on disk.  After running daily Junit tests, you quickly run out of diskspace.  Every time you run, new jars are copied because they are prefixed with "axis2xxxx".

Can anyone explain what is going on here?

Thanks.

Tony Dean
SAS Institute Inc.
919.531.6704
tony.dean@sas.com

SAS... The Power to Know
http://www.sas.com

Re: [Axis2] security jars copied to temp during engagement

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
> Just removing at server shutdown doesn't seem enough to me- what if a
> server is running for a long time .. then will there be multiple
> axis2xxx jars in /tmp??
Nope , we create temp file for the modules (.mar) only when we start the
server , but for the services we may create many temp files depending on
hot deployment options.

Thanks
Deepal

> Sanjiva.
>
> Deepal Jayasinghe wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I fixed the issue during the last hackathon , with that fix all the temp
>> fill will be deleted when shutdown the server.  Now if you run the build
>> you want have any axis2 created temp files left in the hard drive.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Deepal
>>
>> Mark Badorrek wrote:
>>> I'm pretty sure that this is a known issue. I haven't been following
>>> it but I recall seeing a discussion thread on this list during the
>>> last two weeks examing this concern.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Mark B
>>>

>>> ________________________________

Deepal

Re: [Axis2] security jars copied to temp during engagement

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

Deepal Jayasinghe wrote:
> Hi all,
> I fixed the issue during the last hackathon , with that fix all the temp
> fill will be deleted when shutdown the server.  Now if you run the build
> you want have any axis2 created temp files left in the hard drive.
>
> Thanks
> Deepal
>
> Mark Badorrek wrote:
>> I'm pretty sure that this is a known issue. I haven't been following it but I recall seeing a discussion thread on this list during the last two weeks examing this concern.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Mark B
>>

>> ________________________________

Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.

RE: [Axis2] security jars copied to temp during engagement

Posted by Tony Dean <To...@sas.com>.
ok... so this will be fixed in the 1.3 release.  is there a workaround for it until then?

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi all,

Mark Badorrek wrote:
> I'm pretty sure that this is a known issue. I haven't been following it but I recall seeing a discussion thread on this list during the last two weeks examing this concern.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark B

Deepal

RE: [Axis2] security jars copied to temp during engagement

Posted by Tony Dean <To...@sas.com>.