Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Superstring Media <su...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/02 15:32:10 UTC

New JavaLobby Article

Morning,

There is a new article at JavaLobby on Pivot and an interesting second comment where it mentions that Pivot has suffered from a lack of press and how this affects decision making. Next, we need a good book on Pivot and further articles.

Here is the article link:

http://java.dzone.com/articles/rich-graphics-apache-pivot-20

Thom

Re: New JavaLobby Article

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
just to complete the list of "hot points" for Pivot: simplify integration
with web frameworks.

I'm writing plugins for Pivot for some common Web frameworks (at the moment
I'm targeting the latest version of Grails and Play) but for some parts I'm
still looking at the right way to do it, or better how this makes sense in
the chosen web framework.

Then write some small articles on how this simplify interaction with a Pivot
front-end.

But I need weeks before having something really working ...

If someone is interested to join or need some more info, tell me.

In any case as soon as I'm ready, I'll post here an update.

Bye,
Sandro

Re: New JavaLobby Article

Posted by Superstring Media <su...@gmail.com>.
From the article at JavaLobby (which is getting a lot of hits) it seems that editing BXML might be a good future article. In thinking about how to increase press for Pivot it might be as easy as choosing a number of topics and writing a short article on each. Also, Pivot already has great demos and tutorials so finding ways for developers to discover them is the main thing that is needed. The following should be doable:

1) Gather hot topics to write short articles about
2) Find diverse websites to place the articles on
3) Share the writing among community members

Now is a perfect opportunity for a Java RIA to be noticed.

Thom

Re: New JavaLobby Article

Re: New JavaLobby Article

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.