Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org> on 2003/02/07 02:36:34 UTC

Cactus Test Failures?

Trying to run the "test.tomcat.40" and "test.tomcat.41" targets, I get a
JUnit failure on the "testInitDestroyInternal" testcase.  The logged
message implies that this is because Tomcat is returning a 404 error for
"/test/ServletRedirector".

Did something change in this test recently?  Or maybe I need a different
version of Cactus (1.4) or JUnit (3.8.1)?

Craig

ActionError using another MessageResource file

Posted by James Nguyen <se...@duskyblue.net>.

Quick question for anyone on this dev list. Is there a current method to
have ActionError's key/value look into another message-resources that is
defined in struts-config.xml instead of it looking into the default
message-resources?

For example this is the message-resources I have defined in my
struts-config.xml:
<message-resources parameter="resources.ApplicationResources"/>
<message-resources key="commons" parameter="resources.CommonsResources"/>
<message-resources key="supplier" parameter="resources.SupplierResources"/>

When I add an error for instance errors.add(KEY); The KEY only works if I
have it in the default message-resources, which in my example is the
ApplicationResources. What I would like to do is to somehow have my KEY in
CommonsResources and still be able to use my error KEYs defined in the
'commons' message-resources bundle.

Now I've looked at the API for both ActionErrors and ActionError and have
found nothing on selecting the message-resources bundle.

Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks. =)

James Nguyen
I/T Professional
600 Anton Boulevard - Suite 360
Costa Mesa, California 92626

"Cogito ergo sum"
         -Rene Descartes

Re: Cactus Test Failures?

Posted by Rob Leland <rl...@apache.org>.
Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

>On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Robert Leland wrote:
>

>>Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 16:38:20 -0500
>>From: Robert Leland <rl...@apache.org>
>>To: Struts Developers List <st...@jakarta.apache.org>
>>Subject: Re: Cactus Test Failures?
>>
>>Robert Leland wrote:
>>

>>>So basically you want to get those values from a property file?
>>>I'll see if I can replicate your changes since I don't have a diff.
>>>

>>Never mind I see that there is a 'cactus.contextURL' variable already.
>>

>Many thanks to Robert and James for working on the unit tests.  Now, the
>servlet based ones seem to work.  However, there's a problem (for me) with
>the JSP based tests -- you get page compile errors not being able to
>resolve the class org.apache.cactus.util.log.LogService.  Is anyone else
>getting that?

That was the difference.! The tests will work with 1.3 but not 1.4. 1.3
has both the old logging API's
and the new commons-logger API's

Re: Cactus Test Failures?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

Re: Cactus Test Failures?

Posted by Robert Leland <rl...@apache.org>.

Re: Cactus Test Failures?

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
Well, I don't think need to do anything fancy, given the static nature of
most of the references.  I think we should just make all '8080' to '9090'
and be done with it.
That will fix the testing process and fill the need of the original commit.

Sorry I can't give you a diff -u, I can provide files and line numbers if it
helps.

--
James Mitchell

Posted by Robert Leland <rl...@apache.org>.
So basically you want to get those values from a property file?
I'll see if I can replicate your changes since I don't have a diff.

-Rob

Potential bug w.r.t forward/page patterns

Posted by Mohan Kishore <mo...@yahoo.com>.
Was looking at the RequestUtils code (line 1399)

                            // add '/' if needed
                            if (!path.startsWith("/")) {
                                sb.append("/");
                            }

There is code repetition between the forwardURL and pageURL, for interpreting the patterns. And the $P is interpreted differently - in forwardURL, we add a leading '/' if needed, and we dont do the same in pageURL... just wanted to bring it up - dunno if its a bug...

Mohan Kishore
732 Marlin Ave, Apt 4
Foster City, CA 94404
mohankishore@yahoo.com

Re: Cactus Test Failures?

Re: Cactus Test Failures?

Re: Cactus Test Failures?

Posted by Robert Leland <rl...@apache.org>.

Re: Cactus Test Failures?

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
I just changed that last commit back (build-tests.xml, and both server.xml)
and its running fine now. (see attached)

--
James Mitchell

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, James Mitchell wrote:

> Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 21:21:55 -0500
> From: James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>
> To: Struts Developers List <st...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Cactus Test Failures?

>     [junit] Testcase: testGetForAProperty took 0 sec
>     [junit] Testcase: testAddMessages took 0.03 sec
>     [junit] Running org.apache.struts.action.TestActionServlet
>     [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 2.264 sec
>     [junit] Testsuite: org.apache.struts.action.TestActionServlet
>     [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 2.264 sec
>
>     [junit] Testcase: testInitDestroyInternal took 2.234 sec
>     [junit]  Caused an ERROR
>     [junit] Connection refused: connect
>     [junit] java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
>     [junit]  at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
>     [junit]  at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:305)
>     [junit]  at
> java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:171)
>     [junit]  at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:158)
>     [junit]  at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:426)
>

> You thinking what I'm thinking?

That is odd all right, but definitely not what I got -- see attached.

In my case, it seems that the connection actually happened, because I get
the Tomcat 404 error page back. ... well, that was last time.  Grumble
grumble ... now it says the "testInitDestroyMethod" does not exist, on
both 4.0 and 4.1.

> --
> James Mitchell

Craig