Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Brendan Vogt <br...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/08 17:04:38 UTC

Postgres Databases

Hi,

I am using Postgres database for my OFBiz apps.  But I want to run 2
different apps.  I want my web application to be one, and and ofbiz to be
the other.  The ofbiz I want to use to test and play around.  I am using the
ofbiz database created with username and password of ofbiz.  So I created
another Postgres database called MyWebAppDB (it's not the real name).  I
just want to know where I need to make changes so that this MyWebAppDB
database can be populated with tables and data when I do a ant run-install.

Brendan

Re: Postgres Databases

Posted by guo weizhan <gu...@gmail.com>.
your mean is two instances? If yes and your MyWebApplication is use the
ofbiz add this in your ofbiz-component.xml:

for tables:
  <entity-resource type="model" reader-name="main" loader="main"
location="entitydef/entitymodel.xml"/>
    <entity-resource type="group" reader-name="main" loader="main"
location="entitydef/entitygroup.xml"/>

for the data:
 <entity-resource type="data" reader-name="demo" loader="main"
location="data/**.xml"/>

then it will be done when you run the ant run-install

if they are the same instance you just change the entitygroup and point the
different group to different database, it should be work.