Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st> on 2001/09/19 15:41:18 UTC

[patch] improved esql.xsl

I straightened out the latest esql.xsl logicsheet

  - removed the inner classes (created real ones)
  - moved redundant code into a helper class
  - added support for jdbc ResultSet positioning
    (now we can do paging not only for MySQL and PostgreSQL
     and it's quite easy to add more)
  - added a <esql:previous-results> as counterpart of <esql:more-results>

Everything else should be same as before.

I could not test this thoroughly but it would be
great if someone could apply this to the current head branch.

Thanks
--
Torsten

RE: [C2] Environment.getAction() method

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.
> * maybe of topic *
> We are currently implementing an xforms implementation using an home-made
> action and a ditto transformer
> for doing extremely complex, yet configurable application development.
> This is an effort to reduce application development time from 12 weeks to 2
> weeks for web applications
> within a governmental organisation, which according to swedish law, has to
> publish the data gathered.
> Basically were createing the micro applications within cocoon.
> There is currently a lot of activity in the cocoon-dev list on this topic
> (contexts) and i think these to topics are related as
> both techniques are used in our project (or any project using cocoon to do
> more that viewing data).
>
> Regards
> Per-Olof Norén
> Stockholm, Sweden

Have you had a look http://sourceforge.net/projects/exformula/
It would be great to share some thoughts or maybe join forces.

Posted by Per-Olof Norén <pe...@alma.nu>.
Hi all,

Posted by "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KP...@flagship.ru>.
Hi, C2ers!

Can anybody explain me why the getAction() method is in Environment
interface? Why the action param name (cocoon-action) is hard-coded and
cannot be configured? I'd like to have a possibility to select (filter)
actions to be performed by a more flexible way. I'd propose to make the
action selection mechanism configurable in sitemap. E.g.:

<map:action-sets>
  <map:action-set name="authentication" selector="url-selector">
    <map:act type="session-invalidator" action="logoff"/>
    <map:act type="session-validator"/>
    <map:act type="session-create" action="authenticate"/>
  </map:action-set>
  <map:action-set name="shop-actions" selector="url-param-selector">
    <map:act type="cart-add" action="addItem"/>
    <map:act type="cart-remove" action="removeItem"/>
    <map:act type="cart-remove-all" action="removeAll"/>
    <map:act type="cart-update" action="updateQty"/>
  </map:action-set>
</map:action-sets>

So, there could be different ways of determining if the action matches the
current request. Example:
1. URL: http://host/login - uses the URL itself to determine the action and
matches the <map:act type="session-create" action="authenticate"/>
2. URL: http://host/cart?action=addItem - uses URL param to select an action
and matches <map:act type="cart-add" action="addItem"/>

More complicated behavior is also possible (matching actions by wildcards,
regular expressions, etc.).

Are there any comments, future plans or something related to actions? Design
patterns of developing complicated sitemaps with a lot of actions or so
would be fine.

Best regards,

Konstantin Piroumian
Sr. Software engineer