Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Susan Dittmar <S....@eureca.de> on 2007/08/16 09:56:56 UTC

one working copy contacting two servers

Hello folks,

due to some IP forwarding magic (or missing IP forwarding magic), my svn
server (svn+ssh) needs to be addressed with different IPs. It's the same
computer, but my notebook needs to contact it via internal IP if the
notebook itself is part of the internal net, or via another IP (with port
forwarding) if I contact the server from somewhere out there in the big
wide world.

I can't be the first one with this problem, still my web search turned up
empty. Any ideas how to switch between those 'two' servers?

Thanks in advance,

	Susan

Re: one working copy contacting two servers

Posted by Rainer Sokoll <R....@intershop.de>.
On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 11:56:56AM +0200, Susan Dittmar wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> due to some IP forwarding magic (or missing IP forwarding magic), my svn
> server (svn+ssh) needs to be addressed with different IPs. It's the same
> computer, but my notebook needs to contact it via internal IP if the
> notebook itself is part of the internal net, or via another IP (with port
> forwarding) if I contact the server from somewhere out there in the big
> wide world.
>
> I can't be the first one with this problem, still my web search turned up
> empty. Any ideas how to switch between those 'two' servers?

I solved that by having two different A records in the DNS - one for the
internal clients, one for the internet.

Rainer

RE: one working copy contacting two servers

Posted by Frank Leischnig <fr...@vialux.de>.
Hello,

You can do it by "svn switch --relocate".
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.ref.svn.c.switch.html

This adjusts the base URL of your working copy.

Best regards,

Frank