Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Aram Mirzadeh <aw...@qosina.com> on 1996/04/22 17:17:57 UTC

Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "Basic Authentication dumps core" on FreeBSD

At 08:43 AM 4/22/96 -0600, you wrote:

>Thanks for the report which is now being sent to the developers
>mailing list. If someone is able to help (or ask the right questions)
>they'll do so soon.
>
>regards,
>rob
>

>>Submitter: rse@en.muc.de
>>Operating system: FreeBSD, version: 2.1.0
>>Version of Apache Used: 1.1b1a and 1.1b1b
>>Extra Modules used: mod_redirect and mod_cntr

what's mod_cntr?

>>URL exhibiting problem: sorry, it is an internal page hidden by a firewall
>>
>>Symptoms:
>>--
>>After going to a page which is protected
>>by basic authentication via a correct .htaccess
>>file (which works fine under 1.1b0+ak!!!)
>>the server dumps core.
>>gdb says, it is dumping core at a strlen call
>>(perhaps a wrong pointer, etc.), but
>>I'm not able to see the source place where
>>it happens.

I had this problem as well, it turned out to be a bad <directory ... > tag.
in httpd.conf.   I'll mail the dude, to see if it's the same problem...  if no
one else has a better idea.

>>Hmmm.. that doesn't work.
>>I can run httpd -X and gets a core
>>and gdb says it was a strlen, but
>>a "bt" doesn't work.
>>I dont't know why...

It's either missing -g, or has a -O when compiling, gcc 2.7.2 seems to
killa lot more debugging info if you optimize.

<Aram>