Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Niubbo75 <a....@me.com.INVALID> on 2020/02/19 15:17:23 UTC

How to change defaul username and password

Hi all, how can I change default username and password (guacadmin) before I
insert them into MySQL DB?
I mean, how can I calculate hash and salt for my custom Username and
Password so I can put them directly into 002-create-admin-user.sql' file?
I have try creating a new user with custom password into a working guacamole
istance and then read hash and salt from that DB, copy and past them into
002-create-admin-user.sql and use it for a fresh install but it doesn't
work.

Re: How to change defaul username and password

Posted by Niubbo75 <a....@me.com.INVALID>.
Yes, I know I could do that, but this is not what I'm asking for, I need to
change default username (guacadmin) and relative default password
(guacadmin) with something custom from customer to customer (i.e. UserName:
Pippo Password: Disney).
I have try to create on a working guacamole installation a new user with
desire username & password, than accesso my MySQL guacamole's db, copy and
past relative fields into 002-create-admin-user.sql and use it to populate
my new guacamole's db, but it doesn't work (and sincerly I don't know why,
maybe due to different timestamp?), that's why I'm asking how default
username and password were generated.

Thanks,
Alessandro

Re: How to change defaul username and password

Posted by Mikael Hansson <mi...@kghcustoms.com.INVALID>.
The trick is to enable yourself to reset the default admin account’s credentials. As soon as you gain access to the system, you should immediately replace the password with a good one from within Guacamole, which I would guess salts+hashes it as you’d expect.

Posted by maennlse <se...@qubestack.org>.
Hi,
Don’t know if this is still working (or if it was working at all)
But some time ago I did the following to get what you want to do (if I
understand your question correctly)

{noformat}
sqlfile=$(mktemp)

# generate guacamole mysql init
echo -en "generate guacamole mysql init: "
( docker run --rm guacamole/guacamole /opt/guacamole/bin/initdb.sh --mysql >
$sqlfile ) >/dev/null 2>&1 && ok || failed

# set password “password” for guacadmin (echo -n "password" | sha256sum)
# setting random password
pw=$( pwgen | sha256sum | awk {'print $1'} )
echo -en "changing guacadmin pass: "
( sed -i
"s/CA458A7D494E3BE824F5E1E175A1556C0F8EEF2C2D7DF3633BEC4A29C4411960/$pw/g"
$sqlfile && sed -i
"s/x'FE24ADC5E11E2B25288D1704ABE67A79E342ECC26064CE69C5B3177795A82264'/NULL/g"
$sqlfile ) && ok || failed
{noformat}

This is a snippet of an older script and won’t work “out of the box”

Iirc this “solution” was far from ideal, because it removes the salt from
the password (or something like that...)
So I guess this is nothing you want to use in any production environment.

But maybe it’s helping you to find a better solution.

Greetings,
Sebastian

Re: How to change defaul username and password

Posted by Niubbo75 <a....@me.com.INVALID>.
Hi, no one could help me for this?