Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by David Miller <po...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/19 21:40:30 UTC

RequestDispatcherProvider & Weblogic

In Weblogic 10.3 and 10.3.3 I am not able to forward to a jsp with
CXFServlet. The very same app works as desired when deployed to Glassfish 3.

As far as this particular app is concerned, the only difference between
Weblogic and Glassfish is that an ear is deployed to Weblogic and a war is
deployed to Glassfish. Unfortunately I need it to work in Weblogic :(

I've followed the documentation (
http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jax-rs.html#JAX-RS-WithCXFServlet) and have
thoroughly read a thread where a similar question was asked (
http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/another-question-on-RequestDispatcherProvider-td547815.html
).

Here is one example of my RequestDispatcherProvider:

    <bean id="dispatchProvider1"
class="org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.provider.RequestDispatcherProvider">
        <property name="dispatcherName" value="jsp"/>
        <property name="resourcePath" value="/WEB-INF/views/health.jsp"/>
        <property name="scope" value="request"/>
    </bean>

I have tried every permutation of resourcePath and have placed the jsp both
inside and outside of WEB-INF.

For example:
/WEB-INF/views/health.jsp
WEB-INF/views/health.jsp
/views/health.jsp
views/health.jsp
/health.jsp
health.jsp

Is there anyone using Weblogic that has successfully done what I'm trying to
do?

Re: RequestDispatcherProvider & Weblogic

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
What might be happening is that if you have a CXFServlet configured with a
wildcard then the redirection the RequestDispatcher initiates ends up being
caught by CXFServlet again, despite the fact you're also configuring
CXFServlet to redirect. You should be using a named dispatcher, probably
'jsp' at the CXFServlet configuration level,   which may be named
differently in WebLogic.
Please put a breakpoint in AbstractCXFServlet where the redirection is being
handled, it may help to find out more...
Sergey

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by David Miller <po...@gmail.com>.