Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by ph...@tcp.net.au on 2001/09/18 08:07:25 UTC

Error Logs? Error Pages?

Hi again,

While I'm learning cocoon, the page cocoon returns most often is
"Document contains no data".

My questions is: "Is there any way at all of finding out what went
wrong?"

Where are the error logs?  -- the logs I can see do not contain any
information about my errors.

Is it possible to have cocoon return an error page when there is an
error, not just when tags are malformed, or something is improperly
nested? Is this kind of error logging a development/deployment option?

I may have missed the point as I can't see any other messages asking
about logs - obviously most people are getting appropriately detailed
error messages when something goes wrong.

Are there logs that tell you what went wrong during processing?

Phil

Re: Error Logs? Error Pages?

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.
Quoting phil@tcp.net.au:

> Hi again,
>
> While I'm learning cocoon, the page cocoon returns most often is
> "Document contains no data".
>
> My questions is: "Is there any way at all of finding out what went
> wrong?"
>
> Where are the error logs?  -- the logs I can see do not contain any
> information about my errors.

They are in webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/logs

> Is it possible to have cocoon return an error page when there is an
> error, not just when tags are malformed, or something is improperly
> nested? Is this kind of error logging a development/deployment option?

Yes, in the <handle-error> element in the sitemap.

Giacomo