Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by en...@sgx.com on 2003/12/02 09:05:36 UTC

Integrated Windows authentication

Is the HTTPClient able to work for proxy configured with integrated windows
authentication?

I read from the Microsoft website
(http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/proddocs/standard/sec_auth_intwinauth.asp)

that this authentication is formerly known as NTLM.  However, it also says
that it does not work over HTTP proxy connection and is suited only for
intranet environment.

Regards,
Eng Hoe
App Dev-DCS
SGX-IT Division

DID: (65) 62368963
FAX: (65) 64388840
email: enghoe@sgx.com

Confidentiality Caution
=======================
message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly
notify the sender by reply email. Opinions, conclusions and other
information in this message that is not of an official nature shall be
deemed as neither given nor endorsed by SGX unless indicated by an
authorised representative independent of this message.

Re: Integrated Windows authentication

Posted by Adrian Sutton <ad...@intencha.com>.
On 2/12/03 6:05 PM, "enghoe@sgx.com" <en...@sgx.com> wrote:

> Is the HTTPClient able to work for proxy configured with integrated windows
> authentication?
>
> I read from the Microsoft website
> (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechno
> l/windowsserver2003/proddocs/standard/sec_auth_intwinauth.asp)
>
> that this authentication is formerly known as NTLM.  However, it also says
> that it does not work over HTTP proxy connection and is suited only for
> intranet environment.

HttpClient does support NTLM authentication and it does work with proxies.
There has been a few issues lately so if you're having trouble it would be
worth mentioning the specific problems you're having and we should be able
to help out.

For general info take a look at the authentication guide on the website
(http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/) I believe the specific page
is http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/authentication.html

Regards,

Adrian Sutton