Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Tom Bradford <br...@dbxmlgroup.com> on 2001/12/10 18:14:04 UTC

Web Site and Mailing List Subjects

Does anyone know who's working on getting the Xindice home page set up
on the xml.apache.org site?  I've been asked by several people when it
will be available, because aparently, when I say we're become a part of
the Apache project, the first thing they do is go to the Apache web site
to verify such a claim.

And Sam (Ruby),

Don't know if you're the right person to ask, but it's been requested
that the subjects of the messages in our mailing list be prepended with
[xml-xindice-users] and [xml-xindice-dev].  Don't know if this is
something you control on a project by project basis, or if its something
that just simply isn't done with the Apache projects, but it helps when
doing filtering on the Subject field instead of the To or CC fields.

--
Tom Bradford - http://www.tbradford.org
Developer - Apache Xindice (formerly dbXML)

Re: XML-RPC implementation

Posted by Tom Bradford <br...@dbxmlgroup.com>.
Michael Gratton wrote:

> Kurt Ward wrote:
>
> > Is the XML-RPC implementation going to be replaced (and discontinued) with
> > SOAP with the move to Apache?
>
> I really hope not.

I don't think so.  The goal is to make the server accessible to as many
XML-based protocols as possible, which includes both XML-RPC and SOAP.
One of the things Kimbro and I've been working on as part of the Xindice
1.5 tree is a brokering architecture that would support protocols like
SOAP and XML-RPC in a transparent fashion.  This is actually something
we should be talking to the other Apache projects about, but I'm not
sure how far along we should get before we do.  Sooner is probably
better than later.

Re: XML-RPC implementation

Posted by Michael Gratton <mi...@vee.net>.

Kurt Ward wrote:

> Is the XML-RPC implementation going to be replaced (and discontinued) with
> SOAP with the move to Apache?

I really hope not.

--
Mike Gratton <mi...@vee.net>
   Leader in leachate production and transmission since 1976.

XML-RPC implementation

Posted by Kurt Ward <ku...@yahoo.com>.
Is the XML-RPC implementation going to be replaced (and discontinued) with
SOAP with the move to Apache?

Kurt