Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Jeff Schnitzer <je...@infohazard.org> on 2002/01/10 13:33:52 UTC

DVSL

> From: Jeff Schnitzer
>
> > From: Geir Magnusson Jr. [mailto:geirm@optonline.net]
> >
> > On 1/9/02 5:32 AM, "Jeff Schnitzer" <je...@infohazard.org> wrote:
> > > I'm using the Struts stuff to integrate Velocity with Maverick
2.0,

> > :)
>
> In the next day or so I expect to get around to the DVSL stuff too :-)

Actually, that was pretty easy :-)

It would be helpful, performancewise, if the DVSL class had a
transform() method that took an org.w3c.dom.Node or a dom4j Document.
Having to serialize a Node just so that it can be parsed again by DVSL
is rather silly :-)

Anyone that's really anxious to use DVSL in a webapp framework might
want to look at the first beta of Maverick 2.0, which is now
downloadable from http://mav.sourceforge.net.  A caution, though:  at
the moment the documentation consists only of examples, javadocs, and
well-commented source code (despite what Geir thinks about // comments
:-).

Jeff Schnitzer
jeff@infohazard.org
Maverick:  http://mav.sourceforge.net
Domify:    http://domify.sourceforge.net
JUnitEE:   http://junitee.sourceforge.net

Re: DVSL

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 1/10/02 7:36 AM, "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net> wrote:

> On 1/10/02 7:33 AM, "Jeff Schnitzer" <je...@infohazard.org> wrote:
>
>>> From: Jeff Schnitzer

>> 2.0,

>>> In the next day or so I expect to get around to the DVSL stuff too :-)
>>>

>> Actually, that was pretty easy :-)
>>

> Whew :)
>
>> It would be helpful, performancewise, if the DVSL class had a
>> transform() method that took an org.w3c.dom.Node or a dom4j Document.
>> Having to serialize a Node just so that it can be parsed again by DVSL
>> is rather silly :-)
>
> Oh - yes, of course.  How stupid of me.  Good idea.

Done.

System and Software Consulting
Be a giant.  Take giant steps.  Do giant things...

Re: DVSL

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 1/10/02 7:33 AM, "Jeff Schnitzer" <je...@infohazard.org> wrote:

>> From: Jeff Schnitzer
>>
>>> From: Geir Magnusson Jr. [mailto:geirm@optonline.net]

> 2.0,
>>>
>>> :)
>>
>> In the next day or so I expect to get around to the DVSL stuff too :-)
>>

> Actually, that was pretty easy :-)

Whew :)

> It would be helpful, performancewise, if the DVSL class had a
> transform() method that took an org.w3c.dom.Node or a dom4j Document.
> Having to serialize a Node just so that it can be parsed again by DVSL
> is rather silly :-)

Oh - yes, of course.  How stupid of me.  Good idea.

> Anyone that's really anxious to use DVSL in a webapp framework might
> want to look at the first beta of Maverick 2.0, which is now
> downloadable from http://mav.sourceforge.net.  A caution, though:  at
> the moment the documentation consists only of examples, javadocs, and
> well-commented source code (despite what Geir thinks about // comments
> :-).

LOL