Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Waumans, Jef" <je...@merck.com> on 2001/04/18 11:51:37 UTC

datasource and jndi

Hi,
I want to use a datasource in a Struts based application but I also want
to lookup this dataSource in objects that do not have an action or a
servlet object in their scope, f.e. DAO's. In this case, using the
struts-config.xml dataSource description doesn't seem the best of
sollutions to me, I would prefer to do a jndi lookup for a dataSource
that has been defined in the server.xml file. Am I right and if so how
do I describe this dataSource in server.xml (resource? resource-ref?)
I'm using tomcat 4.0-b1.
Thanks,
Jef